- Provide support to the CO management and the Gender Focal Team (GF) on gender related policies and issues.
- Contribute and lead the gender seal process.
- Mainstream gender equality into UNDP programme.
- Facilitate knowledge building on gender related issues.
- Create strategic partnerships to build network and support resource mobilization.
- Provides support to UNDP management, GFT, programmes and projects, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of quality analysis and substantive inputs to the CPD formulation and implementation; as well as formulation of programme and project documents, and policy papers.
- Advice on possible areas for UNDP support and adjustment of on-going programmes/projects to ensure that UNDP programmes are in line with Global and National Gender Equality Strategies.
- Contribution to sub-regional, regional and inter-agency initiatives related to gender issues.
- Representation of UNDP gender capacity in different working groups and interagency working groups.
- Analysis, compilation and interpretation of gender statistical data, thorough research and preparation of quality analysis and reports to inform decision-making.
- Support the GFT in implementation of the CO’s Gender Equality Strategy and Action Plan to it.
- Ensures gender mainstreaming into programme/projects and operations, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure implementation of the CO Gender Equality Strategy and Conduct regular mapping exercise to identify level of gender mainstreaming in the CO programme and operations and suggest recommendations with an action plan to it to constantly improve the level
- Hold meetings and discussions with the CO staff (Programme, Projects and Operations) to conduct deep analysis and identify entry points on integration of gender mainstreaming across the programme/project interventions.
- Following the results of the analysis and surveys, hold focus (portfolio) group discussions with the programme and project managers, bilateral meetings with staff to support them to mainstream the gender indicators and activities into their projects/Annual Working Plans. Guide the project teams during the implementation of the concrete project initiatives, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the CO annual reporting (ROAR) and project reporting
Support and co- implement activities of the CO in formulation and implementation of the stand-alone gender project matching GEN 3 gender marker attribute. Act as a project manager, if needed.
- Contribute to development of ToRs, Project Documents (mostly for the projects with the GEN3 marker (programmes with a strong focus on gender). Conduct gender expertise of the new developing Project Documents. Support project managers of regional GEN3 projects in implementation of activities and liaising with counterparts involved in the implementation.
- In consultation with Communications Analyst, review all external communication materials for gender sensitivity and suggest to use of appropriate language
Review knowledge products, Project Documents and existing M&E Frameworks to ensure integration of gender issues and that gender equality results are assessed against the priorities of the national Gender Equality Strategy.
- Facilitates knowledge building, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Facilitates knowledge building and mainstreaming of gender in related perspectives within UNDP programmes and actively participates in corporate UNDP knowledge creation.
- Provision of policy options and high-quality advisory inputs to UNDP programmes and projects to ensure these are responsive to national policies, priorities and strategic plans, and advance UNDP's corporate goals.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice through identification of best practices and lessons learned.
- In close cooperation with the Learning Committee and GFT, conduct regular training for the CO staff on Gender related matters.
- Conduct relevant training for project beneficiaries as requested by the project teams.
- Develop and conduct Gender training sessions for all staff, including for new incoming UNDP personnel as part of Uzb onboarding programme.
- Support the GFT and communications analyst during the gender-related advocacy campaigns (16 Days of activism, others).
- Support the project personnel in implementation of concrete gender-related activities and communications of their results, if/as might be requested
- Contributes with respective content for the CO’s website and social media.
- Contribute to building strategic partnerships and support with resource mobilization:
- Define key gender partners and stakeholders to increase the network, cooperation and explore possible joint fundraising
- Liaise with the Ministries, National and International institutions within the area of expertise
- Conduct regular consultations with the other key agencies, UN Women, UNFPA and UNICEF and key national women’s organizations.
- Lead monitoring and contribute to implementation of the UN joint initiatives, such as but not limited to EU Spotlight initiatives and other “umbrella” gender-related projects
- Review possible funding opportunities and support in formulating the proposals.
- Strong background in development research methodologies with a specific focus on the areas of gender.
- Demonstrable knowledge of facilitating and planning workshops and training of gender related issues.
- Be engaging, innovative and active during presentations.
- Demonstrated analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent interviewing and oral skills.
- Reliability and timeliness in keeping deadlines and delivering high quality products.
- A good team player, with confidence to work with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated advocacy and communications skills.
- Openness to change and an ability to manage complexity.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to UNDP practice areas.
- Promotes a learning environment in the office.
- Demonstrates strong coaching/mentoring skills, regularly providing helpful feedback and advice to others in the office.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
The Impact of Result:
The programme and project teams have strong expertise in mainstreaming gender in their designated activities;
The CO Gender Strategy targets are achieved, gender is mainstreamed in the CPD.
The gender equality is mainstreamed into programme and operations of the CO, as informed by a solid gap analysis.
Awareness about the gender equality corporate principles of the CO staff is raised.
Reached targets for gender seal process.
Demonstrates ethics and integrity.
Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP.
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
Gender Equality is one of the core objectives of UNDP and is implemented throughout the organization in a two-pronged approach: mainstreaming gender in all core practices; and dedicated interventions that empower women and promote gender equality. UNDPs work on gender is guided by the Beijing Platform for Action (BPFA), Convention of the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the frameworks provided by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and country specific gender priorities.
Under the guidance of Deputy Resident Representative (DRR) the Gender Specialist advises Senior Management on gender policies and trends and relevant linkages to UNDP programmes. The Gender Specialist provides analysis for formulation of strategies and briefings to Senior Management, as well as supports the CO’s Gender Task Force. The Gender Specialist advocates and represents UNDP in his/her area of expertise as requested by his/her supervisor.
The Gender Specialist may supervise and lead a team of UNDP experts, international and national consultants and project staff. The Gender Specialist maintains a network with colleagues from UNDP, UN Agencies, Government officials, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society.
As gender equality is fully incorporated in UNDP’s core corporate services, the Gender Specialist will play a strong advocacy role, internally and externally, for promotion of gender equality, empowerment of women and girls, conformity to key international conventions such as CEDAW, and pursuit of Sustainable Development Goals with a gender perspective. S/he will support Gender Task Force and CO’s validation and post certification actions of Gender Equality Seal Certification process.
To apply please click the link: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=33624&HRS_JO_PST_SEQ=1&hrs_site_id=2