- Complies with Financial Management section of Project Administration Manual (PAM);
- Sets up financial, accounting and reporting system (including installation of a functional accounting software) to ensure the readiness of the fiduciary financial, accounting and etc. arrangements before project effectiveness;
- Ensures compliance with PAM requirements–financial and accounting policies and procedures, project management guidelines, forms of financial reporting, budgeting and budgetary control, internal control, and audit requirements;
- Prepares, manages and reviews the project expenditures, cost estimates, including complete breakdown of expenditures in accordance with ADB requirements;
- Manages project budget according to project implementation and procurement plans, approved budget ceilings (cost estimates, etc.);
- Organizes and ensures budgetary control (execution of the budget, utilization of funds, bottlenecks for overall budget performance, etc.), provision of timely payments including salaries and other administrative expenses of PCU;
- Prepares annual project financial statements, makes annual project financial statements ready for audits. Provides auditors with all supporting documents required for the project audit, and submit audited project financial statements to ADB before due date;
- Coordinates with PMC Financial Specialist and assist the implementing agency in preparation and timely submission of audited entity financial statements in acceptable to ADB form;
- Opens and maintains Special and other project accounts, supervises timely and duly reconciliation of the accounting, bank, and other records (financial obligations, performance of contractual obligations, etc.) with project counterparts;
- Ensures compliance of accounting of projects expenditures ADB requirements and legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- Manages (verifies, reviews, approves, etc.) of withdrawal applications (via CPD) prior to submission ADB;
- Conducts monitoring and reporting to ensure regular and timely submission of project quarterly financial reports to the relevant government agencies (MOF, tax authorities etc.);
- Analyzes planned vs actual expenditures envisaged under loan categories;
- Maintains and updates the database of the computer system for project financial management;
- Controls timely preparation of reconciliation statements for all bank accounts of the project and ensures timely preparation and submission of necessary documents, reports and etc. required for stable flow of project funds;
- Manages financial aspects of the project, including review of:
Procurement orders, ensuring their compliance with the budget;
Financial activities and payment terms on all contracts prior to their signing;
Invoices for payment after receiving of acknowledging documents on the terms of a contract;
- Ensures timely audit of project accounts as per ADB FM requirements, follow up on all audit recommendations and actions to resolve the issues raised in the Management Letter, ensure timely submission of audit reports to ADB, and other stakeholders;
- Compiles all the APFS (including audit opinions) and management letters and submit the complete package in English language to ADB no later than 6 months after the end of the fiscal year.
- Makes sure the financial information presented in each PIU’s audited project financial statements (APFS) reconcile with the relevant information in the PCU’s APFS and ADB’s LFIS disbursement records. Prepares a separate unaudited reconciliation statement, in a format acceptable to ABD, and attach to the complied APFS submitted to ADB.
- Identifies and follows up on any discrepancies and resolve matters in a timely manner.
- Supports the coordination between PCU and other government agencies and local authorities involved in the project, as well as with ADB on all financial management issues;
- Supervises the annual inventory of procured goods;
- Participates in workshops, seminars, conferences arranged by ADB on financial management;
- Performs other tasks as required by PCU Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Accounting/ Economics/ Finance or any other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, of which at least 3 years in financial management, accounting, and/or auditing.
- Familiar with National Accounting Standards, knowledge of International Financing Reporting Standards is preferable.
- Experience as financial management specialist/accountant specialist in IFI-funded projects will be an advantage.
- High standard of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of information related to project.
- Computer literacy in the use of IT applications (1C accounting software, Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point or equivalent).
Interested candidates should send their resumes by 29 December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org (Mr. ATAKHANOV Gafur – Director of PCU)