- Ensure all mechanical maintenance work is carried out according to company safety procedures, ensuring KPIs are met or exceeded
- Actively promote and drive safety excellence for contractor and company staff, through active participation and compliance with company safety procedures.
- Ensure that effective predictive and integrity based maintenance programs are followed that are consistent with facility KPIs, reducing unplanned shutdowns and ultimately enhancing overall plant profitability and reliability
- Make timely and correct decisions based on fact and sound judgement, in order to keep plant downtime to a minimum, in both planned and un-planned situations
- Locate and develop local resources (contractors, vendors, etc) for improved plant support.
- Liaise on a daily basis with Production and maintenance staff, to ensure that potential issues are identified and plans created to rectify the issues in an appropriate and timely manner
- Ensure the mechanical PM system is appropriate for the equipment and periodically evaluate the programme's effectiveness and modify accordingly to ensure that optimum reliability/cost benefits are maintained
- Put systems in place to ensure the maintenance is carried out in accordance with the PM system requirements, ensuring that PM compliance KPIs are met
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and Planner to actively develop and take responsibility for short and long range planning and execution of essential programs, shutdowns and equipment maintenance schedules.
- Have systems, procedures, vendors and contractors in place such that un-planned (emergency) breakdown situations are dealt with in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner in order to get the equipment operational with the minimal disruption to plant on-streams
- Ensure appropriate resources are involved in decision making (technical, production, & commercial)
- Offer front line leadership to contractors and the mechanical maintenance team in all situations, pulling together and co-ordinating the appropriate resources to deal with mechanical maintenance related issues
- Responsible for the performance and capability of the mechanical maintenance team, by monitoring individual’s performance and creating and implementing individual and departmental development plans
- Initiate and drive maintenance improvement projects. Lead the continuing effort to raise standards for plant maintenance
- Ensure all mechanical maintenance is carried out in the most cost effective manner, taking into account the cost of execution relative to downtime and business area needs
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Planner to help ensure that accurate maintenance budgets are established for longer term work and that the work is subsequently completed within the available budgets
- Ensure that all ongoing and future maintenance costs are readily available, to ensure cost control and forecasting is achieved
- Minimum requirements are the completion of an accredited formal mechanical apprenticeship, followed by 10 years post apprenticeship experience of mechanical maintenance within engineering environments such as the power, petrochemical, steel, oil and gas industries.
Supplemented by the following:
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills across all levels (technical and non-technical)
- Knowledge and experience of preventative maintenance systems (e.g. SAP or MAXIMO), planning and cost management
- Ability to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in a pressurised situations
- Proven track record of good man management skills
- Flexibility in terms of changing priorities, workload and working hours
- Ideally have some previous experience working on steam turbine drives and Siemens compression trains, or similar.
Operating Sites: Currently 3 Industrial Gases production locations,
People supported: Currently around approx. 120 persons, plant and office based.
The job holder will provide front line maintenance leadership and maintenance related technical support for the facility and act as the primary contact for mechanical maintenance related issues.
This will require working closely with the facility Maintenance Manager, Technical support groups, Plant Management, facility maintenance team and contractors, with a focus on helping to establish and implement robust maintenance programmes and strategies that will result in improving equipment integrity and plant reliability at the lowest sustainable cost to Commpany, consistent with the facility’s asset management plan.
Helping ensure the mechanical aspects of planned and un-planned (emergency) plant shutdowns are executed safely, efficiently, within budget, on schedule and according to company procedures.
Responsible for ensuring the day to day mechanical maintenance of the facility is completed according to the appropriate company systems and procedures, to maximize the facility reliability, whilst ensuring the compliance with the company maintenance program and the plant maintenance budget.
Responsible for the site based maintenance personnel, including joint responsibility for their personal development and mentoring, as well as effective utilisation of their skills and workmanship.
This position will have 5 direct reports (Mechanical Maintenance Technicians)
There will be a requirement to supervise various contractors on site